This is a KOA Holiday which has received the President’s Award. I actually ended up here by accident because I wasn’t planning to stay here. I disliked the reservation I made at a private campground in NC and this was about 35 miles away so I booked on the phone without even investigating first, which I usually do. I was not disappointed. It’s gorgeous and the dogs love it.
It’s a huge property surrounded by woods but also just down the road from Highway 85. It has multiple sections, including a wooded area, a cabin area, and a large rig pull through area with very new looking concrete drives but no trees.
There is a lovely large dog park and there are at least 5 dog waste stations throughout. It’s a large property so there may even be more. You can walk your dog on gravel or paved roads or on “nature” trails through the woods or across the fields to the ponds. Plenty of green space everywhere.
If you are here on holiday with children, they won’t be disappointed. There are two playgrounds, miniature golf, swimming pool, volleyball, tether ball, a large Thomas the Train to play on, and lots of room to ride the bikes. Games for the older kids include billiards in the clubhouse. There are 3 fishing ponds too. Other amenities include laundry room, two shower/bath houses, a well-stocked store, and hot food cooked on site, including pizza and wings.
I booked the deluxe patio and it is so nice. I’m on a deck overlooking the fields and woods and my site includes a wooden deck, concrete patio, fire pit, bbq, table with umbrella and two person swinging seat. It’s $55 a night but when you book 7 nights you only pay for 6.
- Onsite owners and very friendly staff.
- Well-maintained with staff and owners working all the time to keep it pristine
- Very pet friendly with large dog park, dog walk areas, and waste stations throughout
- Hot food on site and a well-stocked store
- No highway noise except for one small part of the park
- Nature trails and even some farm animals to visit
- Escort to your site; trash pick up daily at your site
- This is a first but I couldn’t think of a single negative and this is my 26th campground in the last 4 months.